Question

eating after exercise
hey there doc

I was wondering whether it is bad to eat very little after exercising. I eat breakfast every day and i eat regularly during the day. I go to gym in the evenings and do either a long cardio workout or short cardio and weight training. The thing is, when i get home which can be pretty late, round 7:30, i sometimes do not feel like eating anything for supper. I try to eat only the protein and veg/fruit part of the meal, when i do have supper, but is it bad for me not to eat at all after gymming? I find that if i start to eat i end up eating a lot, and then snacking later on sometimes, but if i dont have supper i dont eat anything at all. What should i be doing as i'm trying to lose weight and at the same time get fitter and stronger?

Thanks in advance for your advice :-)

Dear Chick
Basically it is a good idea to eat something after exercising to replenish your energy stores that may be depleted. I would suggest that you eat the veg, fruit, a small amout of protein and some unprocessed carbs in the evening. By eating high-fibre carbs you won't get hungry and you will replenish your energy stores so that you are not tired and washed out the next day. Eating high-fibre carbs does not make you fat - check out my answer to Argus below.
Take care