Question

eating irregular hours
Hello, I go to gym in the evenings from 18:30 and as a result I end up eating at all the wrong times, for instance, I dont eat before going to gym as I end up getting heartburn and by the time I get home it's past 20:00 and I end up eating anyway.
Most of the time I dont eat from about 11:30 a.m. and my workout suffers in the evening. Can DietDoc or anyone out there suggest a plan or advice with regard to proper eating times and some suggestions on what to eat in these circumstances. Is it a definite problem to eat after 8 o'clock at night and why.

Dear Gym Diet
There is no reason why you can't eat a light supper (fish or chicken with salads or pasta and fruit) when you get home after gym. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on diets for athletes. You will see that you need to eat lunch and also have a high-carb snack before you exercise. Then you should also use an energy drink like (Energade, EnerG or Powerade) while you exercise to provide you with sufficient energy and afterwards to aid recovery.