Question

eating problem of is it just me?
hi im a 13 yr old girl and i am about 5ft2 and i weigh only 5.5 stone
i eat alot i think but not all the time im worries that i have an eating problem or wheter im just naturally thin? all my friends say im too skinny and i cant fit in to my age groupes cloaths and i wondering what is a healthy diet? because i wou7ld really like to put on weight and be a more normal size how can i do that?

Dear Reader
I must admit that I can't remember what the conversion factor is to work out how much you weigh in kg if you state your weight in stone (South Africa only uses the metric system!). If your height in metres is 1,57m, then you should weigh about 42 kg or about 92 lb - you will have to calculate how much this is in stone! Because you are only 13 you may still be growing and only start gaining weight when you finish your growth spurt. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone(011) 203-2000 and ask about this and other Nutritional Supplements. Remember that you must take these supplements IN ADDITION to your normal meals, not as a replacement of meals, to ensure that you gain more weight.