Question

ecstacy
hello, my problem is that for the past 6 months i have been taking e, and i think its ruining my life. i spend all my money on pills, but its just so fun. am i a drug addict? please help me....what can i do...its easy to just say "stop" but it gives me something to do, and i enjoy it because it makes me more social at the clubs.
could u pls give me the long term effects, or say something that can help me.

Drug addict, it’s fairy simple – if you can’t stop, you’re addicted. Taking a pill because you’re bored or to make you more socially acceptable just doesn’t cut it. I would think that if people don’t like you for who you are, they’re the ones with the problem and should be taking drugs.
Anyway, here’s some info on E.
Methylenedioxymethamphetamine.
Aka ecstasy, X, XTC, disco biscuits or burgers, Dennis the Menace, love doves, mad bastards, MDMA, New Yorkers, strawberries, swallows, white doves, yellow callis, etc. XTC was developed in1914 as an appetite suppressant by a German chemical company but never marketed as such. In the 1950’s the US army tested it as a chemical warfare possibility. They probably wanted their enemy to love them - didn’t work though. In the 1970’s it was tried by some therapists in the US to help people with marital problems to explore their feelings for each other - ha, those Americans they’ll try anything - didn’t work though. In 1985 it was banned in America and it is now illegal to use, possess or supply XTC.
The pros: This is the love drug. It makes you want to love your neighbour no matter how ugly he or she is. It increases the desire but has never been proved to do the same for the performance. You feel happy with a capital H, it increases your confidence and you seem to have an unlimited supply of energy. It sometimes causes a sensation of floating and mild hallucinations. It is easy to take (no syringes or pipes needed) and there is little evidence of physical dependence.
The cons: You don’t know what you’re buying when you buy XTC at a rave. XTC tends to be one of the most contaminated drugs one the market, containing anything from LSD, caffeine, speed, anti-histamines, paracetamol, cold cure powders, morphine, strychnine, heroin, methadone or ketamine. The last five can do serious harm. Being a powerful stimulant XTC increases the blood pressure, pulse rate and sweating within an hour of taking it. Combine this with non-stop dancing and you’ve got a disaster waiting to happen. People overheat, dehydrate and become exhausted but the brain doesn’t acknowledge it. Be the time they do collapse they are in a state of shock and if not treated quickly can die. These things are usually taken care of by the medics or doctors at a casualty department and do probably not scare the die hard fans of the drug. The milder unpleasant effects of the drug seem to deter people from long-term abuse. These effects include blurred vision, teeth clenching, dry mouth, nausea, stiffness of the jaw, arms and legs, difficulty in remembering, insomnia, anxiety and vomiting, and occur the day after taking the drugs. Tolerance develops quickly to the pleasurable effects but not to the negative effects. In the end the negative effects outweigh the positive effects. More serious side effects include bleeding from the nose but also in organs like the lungs and brain, muscle damage including the heart, convulsions and full-blown psychotic episodes. Even those who have taken XTC without ill effect may suddenly develop a violent reaction to it. It goes without saying that you must be brain-dead if you use XTC during pregnancy.
In the end you have to decide for yourself where you stand on the issue. I have given the pros and the cons and hope you will give it some serious thought. My advice is, if you haven’t tried it, don’t. If you’re doing it, think about it again and if you want to quit contact SANCA,