Question

Eczema
I have been suffering form eczema for the last number of years. I find the best medication is Dermovate cream but it only illeviates the burning and itchiness and does not get rid of it.
I am suffering on my fingers, knees and calves - hot water agrivates it terribly and sometimes (especially on my hands) I get tiny blisters that itch like crazy. Only once I have burst the blister does the itchiness go away.
My questions is thus - is there a cure for eczema? What causes it (I hear it is an allergic reaction)? and is it hereditory?

Racman, as far as I know there is no cure for eczema, but it is possible to suppress it so that it doesn’t return or takes a long time to return. This is usually done by giving stronger and stronger cortisone creams, occlusive dressings (applying cream and covering it with something like Glad wrap) and even oral cortisone.
It is caused by the skin reacting to something, but it is mediated by different mechanisms than those involved in an allergic reaction. It isn’t really hereditary, but it does tend to run in families.
At the end of the day the best would probably be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.