Ask an expert

23 Jan 2003

From the age of 15 I found out that I have an allergy called eczema,it only affected my body and I successfully kept it at bay I do not remember how but it dissapeared.Now at the age of 32 eczema is back and this time on my face.I would get an itchy irritation below my eyes,on my chin it's red at first 20minutes later its a dry patch that would not even react to a whole bottle of moisturiser,I'm worried please help.
Answer 375 views

01 Jan 0001

Ronn, the mainstay of treating eczema is cortisone. You don’t want to use it if it’s not necessary and you don’t want to put it on the wrong skin problem, so I think the best would be to first see your doctor. He will confirm the diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate strength cortisone cream. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.