Question

04 Apr 2007

ED & Wife Avoiding Sex
Dear Doc

I was playing with my wife, we got intimate and I had a weak erection,

I had encountered ED a few years back and my urologist advised me it was more mind over matter, Since than things were going fine(with the help of non-prescriptive medication) until now,

I tried having sex again with my wife, but she avoids sex by not saying anything or just ignoring me, I feel guilty cause i let her down,

How long should i wait before approaching my wife.

SHe does not want to discuss the matter as she says its ok if I flopped in bed.

I am mentally frustrated and I am trying too hard with my wife, what should I do? please advise

Since when is have a weak, or no erection letting someone down?? ED and in your case by the sounds of it performance anxiety, is a treatable condition just like most other medical conditions.

Please read the website www.sex4life.co.za with loads of info.
This is a couples problem, and I think maybe over the enxt couple of days something that you can discuss with her - not when you are about to make love, but at a time when you are both relaxed and private.

She might see it as she is failing you, and that your erection is her yard stick for measuring yor love and attraction for her. You must talk.

DrElna Mcintosh