Question

EGG WHITE
I have been eating boiled egg whites (45g every second day). I have been working out the energy it gives me as if it were raw egg white because I don't know what energy boiled egg white gives me per 100 grams, but I do know how much it gives me per 100g raw, so I have been treating it the same. Will the weight and energy value stay the same whether it be cooked or raw gram wise?

Dear Frog
I have also checked in the SA Food Tables and for some reason they do not list the nutritive content of boiled egg white! I would therefore surmise that your calculations are as accurate as we gan get. It is better to eat egg white cooked than raw, because the latter contains an anti-vitamin factor.