Question

Eks se kinders
Goeie dag almal...kortliks, ek en my eks is nou 3 maande uitmekaar na n wankelrige verhouding van 6jr. Hoe hanteer ek die situasie met my eks se 2 kinders...natuurlik wil hulle my nog sien, ek was soos n Pa vir hulle, hulle Pa is oorlede toe hulle in my lewe gekom het. Ek moet nou basies tyd afstaan om tyd vir hulle (2 kids) te maak...they accept the fact that there is a new woman in my life, but there hearts are still sore, and they cry when I see them, saying that I am trying to forget their existence.
Where, what and how from here...my g/friend, I can sense, does not like the idea, but is it not fare that I should spend some time with the kids..g/friend has a kid too.
I feel so sorry for my ex''s kids, but I dont know how to handle the situation.
En my g/f is bietjie vaag en raak half upset as die onderwerp opkom.

Dankie julle.

It;s very understandable that after such a long relationship, and in the absence of their bio-pa, your ex's kids look on you as a father and want to maintain a relationship with you. You and your ex should calmly discuss this and consider what would be best for the children.
Your exgf needs to think deeply about the kid's benefit, and find together ways for them to maintain a relationship with you that is good for them, and not to allow her own feelings, bitter or otherwise, to interfere with that