Ask an expert
Question

06 Feb 2009

Electric shock
Dear CyberDoc

At work, every time I touch the handle of our office door, the metal blinds, or even if I touch the metal surrounding the control knobs of the old air-conditioner I get a small electric shock.

Out of the whole office this only happens to me. Everyone tells me that I should get more iron in my diet.

Could that be the problem?
Answer 7,464 views
Expert
CyberDoc
cyberdoc

01 Jan 0001

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You are obviously more prone to static electricity, so I suggest that you do not touch these objects. There is however, no pathological explanation for this. To set your mind at ease, you can have blood tests done, to exclude anemia (iron deficiency).

Regards




Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Yes
33% - 9325 votes
No
67% - 18757 votes
Vote