Question

electricity
What causes static electricity in people? I have to close my car door touching the window and when I touch any metal I discharge. Sometimes even when I touch another person they get zapped.

Charged, it happens when friction causes charges to polarise and negative electrons build up. When you then touch something that it grounded, you discharge. The funny thing is that it shouldn’t happen when you touch your car as your car is insulated from the ground by the tires. One can reason that the car is connected to the battery, but I doubt that it’s enough. Maybe you should have the car checked and not yourself. :-)