Question

Electrolites
What would you suggest to stabilise electrolites when doing a strenuous workout? I've heard energade is not at all good for one - I've been drinking plain water which also isn't the answer. Please help
Sports Nutrition
Sport nutrition

Dear Janine,

The electrolytes are potassium and sodium. Energade does contain these electrolytes, as do many other "sports drinks"

When doing a strenuous workout we do sweat out salts. However, if the workout is not longer than an hour the balance will not be disturbed and a Energade during the workout will replace some of the eletrolytes lost.

We must be reminded that we are a nation that actually consumes too much salt. It is really added to everything. We need a daily amount of about 2 grams. This most people get with the greatest of ease.

I would suggest you use a carb drink, during exercise. It will make you more able to give all you've got. And recovery will be better.