Question

Eltroxin - AGAIN.... :-)
Hi Doc.
I wrote you recently and you told me that it takes roughly six weeks for Eltroxin to start working (me losing weight). It has been roughly six weeks now and I still see (or feel) no improvement! I have hardly eaten anything for the past two weeks, and still nothing's happening. Could my dose be too low?

Please help me, I feel like a balloon!!!

PS - In conjunction with the Eltroxin, I am taking a diuretic too, so it can't be water retention.

Dear Anon
Have you done a follow-up blood test yet? Maybe you are eating so little that your poor body is in starvation mode and clings to every gram with all its might! I would suggest you seeing a dietician or ask advice from diet doc on the health 24 website if your GP is happy that there is now no medical reason for you not losing weight.