Question

Emergency help for Vaginal thrush
What can I use on a weekend when I cannot see a doctor so that he/she will still be able to see what is wrong in a smear - my gynae tol dme to come back when I have a thrush attack again and I won't be able to see him over for example a weekend. The attacks are rather acute and starts with severe burning moving onto infecting my bladder as well in a matter of hours.

Canesten pessaries are one of the treatments for thrush. You can ask your doctor for a container to collect a midstream specimen of urine at the time of your symptoms, but the discharge will be cleared up by the treatment within a few days. If there is a rapid response to treatment, it probably confirms the diagnosis anyway. If it is not thrush, there will still be a discharge when you see your doctor.