Question

Emergency Pill

How safe is emergency pill. I took it on Sunday after sexual intercourse with my husband only to find that I lost another one and could not take it after 12 hrs as instructed. I then went to the pharmacy to buy another box that is Monday morning and took one and after 12 hrs took another one. Do you think this might have cause a problem because I have now taken 3 tablets.

Please advise.

Regards,

Petty

The emergency pill is 90 -99% safe depending on where in your cycle you had unprotected sex. As long as the Monday pills were within 72 hours of the sexual episode, you would be protected. Taking three pills may thro out your cycle though.