Question

Emotional affair
I cought my wife of 12 years having an emotional affair. This happend over a period of 3-4 months. They had sex over the phone (I don t know physically) and discussed intemate fantasies that she would not even tell me. Now she is as far for blaming me for everyting, and that our mariage of 12 years was a mistake and she never was happy anyways. She says I verbally abused her. Now I must go and c a shrink for my verbally abusive behaviour. No one knows of this, everyone think it was just a friend, now everyone thinks I am the Bas#$rd.
Can this be of the mirena implant for birth control? and does anyone have advise please?

Phone sex is a bit beyond " an emotional afair", and it's ludicrous for her to blame you for what she freelly chose to do. If she was never happy, as she now claims, that's her fault - why didn't she discuss this with you very long ago, and insist on seeing a mariage counsellor with you, to sort things out.
No drug or birth control device is any excuse for her behaviour. If she is no complaining to others about abuse that apparently didnt actually happen, and bad-mouthing you to your friends, it is SHE who is being abusive.
She is refusing to take responsibility for her own bad behaviour, and trying to blame you, the victim, for what she chose to do to you.
Tell everyone she talks to about what she has been doing, and about how distressed you are that she is trying to invent excuses to blame you for her bad behaviour.