Question

Emotional &amp  verbal Abuse - I dont know how to get through to him

My name is Nash - been married for less than 2 months. i knew my husband had a bad temper but we some how always manged to work past our fights. we got married in December and its finally becoming too much, i can feel myself slipping intgo depression and i dont know what to do. i tried explaining to him last night that i cant take the abuse anymore and that my im slipping into depression - so he started to scream and shout and say awful mean stuff and then asked for a divorce cos i spoke about him being abusive.

i dont know know how to help my husband or save my marriage or even keep my sanity......Please help me.

He's more than a fool if he considers any court would grant him a divorce because you complained of being abused by him ! COuld he agree to join you in mariage counselling to see if any of this can be sorted out peacefully ? This isn't about helping him, or even saving the marriage, but firstly about protecting you. Talk with a group like POWA which is supposed to help women being abused or threatened. And see a counsellor to help work out how best to protect yourself and deal with the problems you face. Is it possible you could go and stay with family or friends for a while ?