Question

Endo regrowth?
I had my 5th laproscopy for endo in June and then had Mirena placed. (Endo was everywhere - ovaries, uterus, bowel, bladder, etc). Was feeling great for about 3-4 months and now have incredible pain again like before. I have been bleeding a little also. Is it possible for endo regrowth to come back so fast?
fertility expert

Dear Bella
It is always possible for endometrioses to re-grow in a short period of time, however there’s a general rule, about 60% of patients will experience a recurrence within a 2 year period. The fact that you having abdominal pain similar to the one you had with endometriosis does not necessarily mean it has recurred. It is best that you have a ultrasound done to assess for this. If your endometriosis is one that is very active and re grows back very quickly, then speak to your doctor about the use of medical therapy called zoladex.
Answered by: Dr Y.M.Dasoo