Question

endometrial ablation
Hi Dr
i have been on depo for many years. lately i have been having periods although i never had before. I am 40.
my gynae is not happy with the depo because i have a family history of osteoperosis.
she wants to do an endometrial ablation. Is this really necessary. my periods with depo are heavy but not very serious and also not regular.
i feel this is a drastic step just so that i can stop using depo - are there not other alternatives like maybe taking the pill??

I agree. Why don;t you take the Pill (as long as you do not smoke and have to risk factors for heart disease).