Question

Energy Boost.
Hi There,

For the the last 2weeks I am on intense raining (5 days a week), jogging, sprinting and qyming. I really need something to give me a energy boost while working, luckily I have a office related job so I am not up and about all day. I do use creatine aswell, but I can feel during the day that I am feeling a little drained. I really enjoy training, but I need something extra to boost me, what do you suggest?

Many thanks
Werner

Hi there

If you are feeling drained, aside from considering an "energy boost", perhaps you need to consider whether you are getting adequate rest! Perhaps you are doing too much too soon and you should consider taking it a little easier. Certainly what you should do, is to have an easier session, the day after a tough session and perhaps an easier week after every 3 harder weeks, otherwise you might burn out!

I would also recommend that you look at your diet and try to optimise that with natural foods rather than taking a supplement. If you find that you aren't getting all the vitamins and minerals you should be getting, then write to Dietdoc, who can recommend a good multi-vitamin or other supplement for you.

Remember, you want to keep up your exercise for life, so rather be doing a sustainable programme that fits in with your life rather than something intense, but short-term since it's not sustainable.

I hope this helps.