Question

Enlarged Heart
Dear Doc
Im a woman in mid fifties and was diagnosed 2 years ago with an enlarged heart (Cardiomyopathy) which my Dad had yet lived to be 85. Anyway I now want to do whatever I can to live a long an healthy life. Cardiologists couldn't seem to be bothered (I go for check up once a year). Im still active but can't climb mountains anymore....go to gym and walk and cycle. Question for you is I believe Co-enqyme Q10 is good which I take daily but what about diet. I still enjoy a drink or two most nights. I only take diuretics when needed and no other medication for my heart. Do I go to a nutritionist, naturapath or what.
Please give some advice - still got a lotta living to do.
naturopath

Sounds like you are living a good healthy life, well done...the only addition I can recommend is a good magnesium supplement and a General vitamin B complex. The Herb Hawthorn Berry is also excellent in keeping good blood flow to all areas of the heart but the magnesium is vital to prevent heart muscle fatigue. In general a good guide is 10-20mg magnesium per kg of bodyweight.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)