Ask an expert

03 Dec 2012

hello Doc, pls can u offer me some advice. I have chronic epididymitis for a few years. Is there any Test that i can take to show the severity of my condition OR to see how bad this inflammation is
Thank You
Answer 300 views
Fertility expert
Fertility Expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Mel
The most important consequence is that of diminished sperm quality and therefore the sperm analysis together with a culture for infection is the most reliable index, apart from symptoms of pain and swelling. Blood tests are generally not specific and may not be reliable in this instance.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17787 votes