Question

Epilepsy and nutrition
I am a adult epileptic. I suffer a lot from the side-effects of the anti-convulcents that keeps me functioning normally each day. This includes tiredness, dizzyness and severe head-aches. What should I be doing to correct this as naturally as possible? Which Vitamins is of vital importance? Can I eat away some of the negative effect? What is the long term effects of these kinds of medicen on my organ? Since I've been useing it I have a little imune ystem that do not function properly. I'm prone to bladder infection Is this related and what foods will help me live more normally?

Dear Reader
Firstly I think you need to discuss these side-effects/symptoms with your prescribing doctor because a) it may help to change or adjust your medication b) these symptoms could be caused by a variety of other conditions, not related to your epilepsy and the medication, e.g. anaemia. I would suggest that you take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement like Centrum or Supradyn Forte. I don't think the bladder infections are related to the medication and it may help if you take probiotics like Lactiflora or Acidoforte which you can buy at health shops. These probiotics help to prevent overgrowth of harmful bacteria and boost the immune system.
Hoping that you will soon feel much better.