Question

Epilim
Good day, I''ve just come back from hospital cause I was suffering from depression but now after two weeks &  changes to my meds I found that the Epilim prescribed for Bipolar patients and my doctor did not tell me what I''m suffering from would they give me Bipolar meds if I were not ill? Cause she said I had alternating moods for each session

Hi Thandiwe,
Obviously, this is a question you need to discuss with your doctor, who should have explained to you what she was doing and why. I'm not clear what precise diagnosis was made in your situation, and I don't know whether this was a first episode of depression, or one of several mood problems. For a pure depression, especially one's first depression, it would be unusual to use Epilim, which is used both in epilepsy, and in Bipolar Disorder, as a mood stabilizer. But if there were features in your experience which would have led your psychiatrist to diagnose a Bipolar Disorder ( in which there are episodes of one;s mood being inappropriately high and active, as well as depressed episodes, then Epilim would be quite likely to be useful.
Whereas one takes antidepressant meds during and for a time after a depression, to help ones mood return to normal, one may say on mood stabilizers long-term as even between episodes they might help to prevent or reduce further episodes.