Question

Epithelial Abnormailities
I would like to know what it means if they say that your epithelial abnormality is that you have no malignant cells present. Is it something serious? Can it be treated? Could I still fall pregnant?

fertility expert

dear Curious

I presume that you are referring to abnormalities as detected by pap smear. Epithelial abnormalities are variable and range from atypical cells all the way to dysplastic or pre-malignant or pre-cancerous cells. It is good to know that there are no malignant cells present as this would imply cancer. Most epithelial abnormaiteis can be most easily treated and you should seek futher advice from your gynaecologist. Furthermore, it is unusual or unlikely that such abnormalities will impair your chances of conception.