Question

04 Apr 2007

erection problems
Hi!
after having ejaculating after sex i really struggle to have an erection again for upto 3-4 hours afterwards, plus my penis hurts if i do get an erection!what is wrong with me??

Refractory"period. The phases of the human sexual response cycle are similar in men and women, with one exception: Just after orgasm and resolution, a man enters a refractory period.

During this time, no amount of stimulation will cause him to have another ejaculation. In younger men the refractory period might last only a few minutes; in older men it can last several hours, or even days. Women, on the other hand, have no refractory period which is why they can have multiple orgasms.

Of course, not all sexual encounters lead to orgasm; and sexual satisfaction is not dependent upon reaching orgasm. When couples engage in sexual activities with orgasm as the "goal," they lose sight of the pleasure in the act itself. Good sex is about connecting with a partner and enjoying yourself. Which phases you go through are irrelevant.

l