Question

Ex Girl Friend
Hubby''s ex GF contacted him (long story) and out of the conversation she informed him that she had his baby many years ago. She said her parents informed his parents and they said they wanted nothing to do with this. My Hubby was shocked and finally discovered that this was all true. The child since passed away. Hubby is struggling to come to terms with things and I don''t know how to support him. I am not comfortable with the ex GF being in contact with him and have told him however I am happy to support him if he needs to get any detail/info about the child. I feel after that there is no reason for them to be in contact. Am I being unreasonable?

Its hard to understand how people act, at times. You'd have thought she would have told him at the time, or that his parents, or even hers, woul have told him. One really must wonder WHY she would think of telling him NOW. What does she want ? Its not even support for the child, or for him to meet the child, as apparently the child died some time ago. Its hard to see what useful purpose would be served by continuing contact with the ex GF - if she felt no need to inform him or involve him earlier when it could have been so much more relevant and useful, there's little purpose now. Your viewpoint is entirely reasonable.