Question

EXCERCISE (CYCLING) WHILE DIETING
This is a fresh start for me. I have two children and it is time to get myself back in shape. I started cycling a week ago. I do 6km a day (this is only the beginning). What I want to know is how many km per day I must cycle to help with my diet. How fast must I go and how many times a week.

I appreciate your help.

Greetings

Dear Fresh Start
Good for you that you have decided to get active and do something about losing weight. Generally speaking exercise like cycling has a number of 'hidden' positive effects besides the number of kilojoules you burn, e.g. it stimulates your metabolism, makes you feel more positive and helps you to stick to your diet. Ideally one needs to do intensive aerobic exercise like cycling fast for 30 min a day, but most people prefer to do their exercise 3 times a week for 1 hour at a time. It all depends on how fast you are cycling, but even if you cycle relatively slowly and on the level for 30 min you will use up at least 500-600 kJ per session. Check with Fitness Doc what speed you need to maintain to get the best results.
Keep up the good work.