Ask an expert

25 Jan 2008

Hi doc,

I am a diaplygic (sp) cerebral palsy. When I was young I was active and quite fit. Now I am in my 50's I work all day 8 till 5. I really would like some advice on how to excersie. I feel so tired when I get home and I don't know what kind of excerise to do. I know swimming is good, but I have been to a gym and found I cannot get out of the pool by myself. I live alone and there need to excerise alone..... Also being in a public pool does not apeal to me.

Answer 369 views
Handicap Expert
Handicap Expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Emma

Thank you for visiting

I suggest that you visit United Cerebral Palsy website at They give in dept information about exercise for people with cerebral palsy, which include arm cycling, swimming, walking, dancing, yoga and tai chi.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18661 votes