Question

Excessive hair growth on chin
Hi doc
Hope you can help because nobody else can.
After my second daughters birth, which is now 13 years ago, I have started to develop excessive hair growth on my chin area.
Throughout the years they became darker and thicker and I need to pluck them every morning and use a blemishing stick to cover them up (well I hope it does).
I have been to two GP's who did run some hormone tests, but the tests came back normal. I have been to a dermatologist who told me there is nothing I can do, I should shave everymorning!!
Then I have been to three different gynaes, and the one prescribed Androcur in combination with Dianne, which I used for a year, and there was no improvement.
Now after another 10 years I decided to give Androcur another go, but so far, no improvement.
The last gynae who prescribed Androcur again, said that there is nothing else on the market that would help if Androcur doesn't.

PLEASE please, I am desperate wanting to return to a normal life without worrying about how bad it might look, plucking everyday, etc!!!
Please give me some hope here!!

Dear Hairy,
Androcur may be the only medical solution but you could have these hairs lasered. The way the laser works is that it destroys the hairfollicles that causes the abnormal growth. You can't shave every day! The other option is to go to a beauty salon and let them wax it for you every few weeks. After a few times the hair should be less and eventually stop growing on your chin.
I know that there is a laser clinic at Little Company of Mary hospital in Pretoria.