Ask an expert

05 Feb 2003

Excessive sweat
I sweat excessively but just under my arms, i sweat rings under my arms and it shows on my clothing. It is very embarassing. I know about the operation where they cut away the sweat glands but I don't have a medical aid and I believe that it is a very expensive operation and can only be done by a surgeon. Is there any thing else I can do? No deoderants help, I've tried everything on the market. Can it be hormone related? I am 23.
Answer 384 views

01 Jan 0001

Blue eyes, you might suffer from hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is excessive perspiration due to over-activity of the sweat glands. The best person to see about this would be a surgeon or a dermatologist. The surgeons don’t remove the glands, but rather cut the nerve that supplies them. Good luck.
PS. If you mail me at, I’ll send you some info on hyperhidrosis.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18750 votes