Question

Excessive Thirst
I have been feeling very thirsty the past couple of days and even get up at night to drink water - something which i never did before. I immediatley thought of diabetes but have no known close family members with diabetes (my great grandmother did though). I dont have any other symptoms like tiredness or weightloss. I have however have generally not been feeling well and feel like i have indigestion all the time. My stomach feels very bloated & i am battling to eat. Maybe just because i am drinking water all the time and filling myself up? I feel nauseas sometimes when i just think of food and when i am hungry and do manage to eat a little - i feel very full and bloated. Any ideas doc?

Ange, we can keep on guessing what the problem might be until the end of the week, but the easiest would be to have a glucose test done and find out for sure. You can have it done at most pharmacies for R10 or so. Good luck.