Question

Exema
Hello Doc,

Not too sure if spelling (Exema) is correct... I suffer from bad exema, most probably because I also suffer from Asthma & Hay-fever (apparently these 3 go hand in hand in most cases). What causes Exema? Is it cuased by something I eat, dring, ect? I'm getting married in 2 months time and hope not to have Exema by that time, as my whole body is currently covered! Would sun-shine help in preventing it or help in some kind of way!

Tanya, eczema may be caused by allergies, but it doesn’t have to be. It is often difficult to identify the cause and treating it can also be quite a challenge. The best would be to see a dermatologist a.s.a.p. so that you have more than enough time to get rid of it. Sunlight may help, but I doubt that you can use it as exclusive treatment. If push comes to shove, you always have cortisone tablet and/or injections to fall back on. Good luck.