Question

Exercise & Acne- Is there a link?

I am a 28 year old female. I started exercising regularly ( 4 day/week split program) start November 2002. I do weight training and cardio at a local gym. Since I started training, I have been experiencing problems with acne. I have never before had any acne or skin problems. This is terrible and I have no idea what is causing this.
I have read on a poster at my gym that if one has high acid levels in one's skin, it can cause acne when you perspire. Is there any truth in this? My other guess is that I might be picking up bacteria at the gym since I use the same towel that I use for wiping the equipment for my face!
Is there a link between exercise and acne, and what can I do to prevent it?

Dumbstruck, the sweating may be the cause of the acne. You should get yourself a different towel for wiping your face as you really want someone else’s sweat and what have you on your face. You should also shower immediately after gym and use a good face wash. If that doesn’t improve the situation, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.