Question

Exercise Induced Asthma
I recently started jogging, an activity I enjoy immensely. I however sometimes get a tight feeling in my lungs which makes breathing difficult, and limits my performance. I have read about exercise induced asthma, and I recognise the symptoms to what I am experiencing. Can this be treated with over-the-counter medicine? I am not on a medical aid currently.

Asthmatic, even though you’re not on a medical aid, the best would be to see your doctor and have the diagnosis confirmed. He can then write you a prescription that will be valid for a whole year. Good luck.