Question

Exercise program
I've consulted a qualified dietician and fitness expert and she worked out an exercise and eating program for me. I've always in the past concentrated more on cardio than weight training. She, however, adviced me to - with the built that I have - try a different approach where I concentrate a bit more on weight training than cardio training. The eating plan is basically my usual eating plan, but just adjusted to be 6 smaller meals and to eat certain stuff at certain times of the day.
It is now 3 weeks down the line and I couldn't believe the change in my body. I've lost a lot of cm's and about 2kgs. The problem is that I suddenly feel extremely tired every day. My whole body feels tired. Is that the weight training? I only take a flax seed oil supplement as part of the diet plan - no other supplements. I do not do extremely heavy weights - only a little bit heavier than what I was used to before. The only difference is that I do much more repetitions and my training time consists of only about 10 minutes cardio and about 30 minutes weight training every day with one rest day between (training is 4x a week).

Hi there

It may be the combination of the weight training and the cardio. Usually, this feeling of exhaustion and lacking energy is not down to only one thing, it's a build up and combination of many factors. Another might even be the weather, to illustrate my point. Or your job. But it's likely that the weights you are using are a little on the heavy side, perhaps for two weeks you should reduce them by 10%, so instead of lifting 60 kg, lift about 50 to 55kg, and see whether this helps. In two weeks, you can always go back up, but at the moment, you seem to be heading towards a point of overdoing it. So step back and take it easier in training, give the body a chance to adapt, then build up again.