Question

Exercise with broken foot
I broke 3x bones in my foot (Metacarpal). What exercises should i do to speed up recovery. Walking with crutches makes my whole body ache when i wake up in the morning. What do you suggest?

Hi Hoppy.
Clearly you need to do non-weight bearing exercises. First on my list is swimming, since the benefits are enormous. If rowing is an option, I might try this too (your foot would need to be well strapped or cushioned).

I would also recommend that you use this time to strengthen your body via resistance training (weight). Why not go to the home page and log onto War on Wobbles - which will give you many suggestions of what workouts you can do as well as a full range of resistance toning exercises (you can see what you can manage considering your broken foot)? Finally, you will probably find that as you become stronger, so the crutches become less of a burden.

Good luck.