Question

Exercises that is safe for knees
DEar Fitness Doc

What exercises is best for people with rheumatoid arthritis or gout in their knees?

I thought about Yoga or Pilates? Any suggestions?

Kind regards!

Hi Sann

Those are good, yes. I'm not convinced that anything is "unsafe", like walking and running could also be good options for you. The problem is an individual one - some people will hurt, others won't so you need to let pain guide you.

But Pilats and Yoga are good. The only thing you need to be mindful of is that you also need cardio training, and that may require that you do something like cycling or swimming, if possible. Again, let symptoms be your guide!

Ross