Question

Exerice in Pregnancy
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and used to train really hard but obviously cannot continue. My doctor has given me the go ahead to continue training but I need advice.

Please advise if the following are safe to do during pregnancy.
1. Stomach crunches
2. Use the machine assisted weights for arms and also using dumbells.
3. Using the leg machines and also doing lunges etc.

Zee

Hi Zee

I would not advise doing the situps at this stage, anything that increases the abdominal pressure is probably not a great idea. Using the weight machines is normally OK, until later on in the pregnancy, but just be aware that anytime you strain against heavy weight, you also increase abdominal pressure, and so don't try to lift anything even remotely heavy. Dumbells and leg extensions etc. are fine, but keep the weight low and don't strain.