Question

experienced pain in my dorsal spine spread right scapular region
Dear Dr
I am 55 years old I experienced pain and a burning sensation in my dorsal spine and then it spread to the right scapular region. I went for X-rays recently and the result was as follows:
The bony elements are osteopaenic Scoliosis convex to the right Dorsal spondylosis with osteophytes and disc space narrowing in the upper mid dorsal spine. I went for a bone density test last year and the doctor told me that everything was fine.

Does it mean that there is signs of osteoporosis? Is there enough calcium in Dolomite tablets? I am not on hormone replacement therapy, because there is breast cancer in my family.

Thank you very much.

Mrs. M. Julyan

MJ, it means that you don’t have osteoporosis yet, but your vertebral bone is less dense than normal. Let me know which tablets you’re taking and I’ll have a look for you. Good luck.