Question

Extreme Fear of Dogs
hi

i have a huge fear of dogs, i am even afraid of our 2 dogs at home. i have never been bitten before but i freeze at the sight of dogs.

if i am walking down the street and i see a dog, i would rather take an alternative route as i can not walk past them. i cant even jog around the neighbourhood as i am afraid of the dogs.

is this normal, what is wrong with me?

This sounds like a form of phobia, which responds extremely well to treatment, especially if you see a psychologist for simple behaviour therapy. What you describe is a normal pattern in a phobia. IF you don't get it treated, though, it tends to get more severe, and the lengths you feel you need to go to avoid encounering a dog may become very disabling. See a shrink and get this cleared up ; it needn't take long.
And the same advice should help me, anon, and Hope J.