Question

Extreme heat in shins
I seem to be the only person concerned about the fact that my shins get extremely hot when I walk or stand. Now I'm experiencing it in my right arm between elbow and wrist. I have spoken to, and asked them to feel, various members of the medical profession, including physiotherapists. I had a Zielke Spinal Fusion a good few years ago, but this did not start immediately. As a guess I would say 'circulation' but can't get an answer, and don't want a more serious problem to arise when it's too late to dop anything.

Many thankx

MadamX, you might be suffering from shin splints, a nerve problem or a problem with the blood flow through the lower leg. Doppler studies will be able to tell you if the blood flow is the problem and if you mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy of something I wrote on shin splints a while ago. To evaluate the neurological possibility, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.