Question

Facebook

I have been on facebook since 2006, and everyday since then I go on and check my newsfeeds and what people are up to several times a day. I am a grown woman, 33, married with two kids and I work. I go on and check on my phone every chance I get. I wake up in the morning on weekends and lie there checking, all through the day every day. Sometimes my newsfeed is still the same as the last time I checked that''s how often I go on. I go on peoples profile I don''t even know look and their pics see what they up to. I see to my kids at night and hubby so they not lacking because of it but I feel like what the ..... Is the point but I really can''t stop. Is my life so pointless that I have to see what others are up too?? I just cannot stop!

Everybody lies or exaggerates on Facebook - its for inventing a more glorious you, to show off.
You can and should stop this voyeurism, and stop comparing the real and excellent you with the phony pretences others are publishing. It sounds as though at hear you have a sense of inferiority and lack of confidence and self-esteem, and CBT counselling could greatly help you to enjoy who you actually are, and forget about comparing yourself uselessly to these other phonies.
Resign from Facebook and live a richer and more fulfilling life
Faceboom is all Red Carpet and no movie