Ask an expert

24 Feb 2003

Facial perspiration
I seem to perspire in any heat mainly on my face, under my eyes. I've been wanting to go have my sugar and cholesterol tested. I am the correct weight for my height and am fairly fit.
Answer 341 views

01 Jan 0001

Trish, it’s difficult to treat perspiration that it limited to the face. You will have to make sure that you don’t suffer from an over active thyroid gland, high blood pressure or any other systemic disease – a visit to your doctor will sort that out. You can ask him to prescribe you a low dose of a â-blocker, but if that doesn’t work, there isn’t too much you can do. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9263 votes
66% - 17842 votes