Question

failed ivf
dear dr
I had a failed ivf, 3 embrios were inplanted on day 5 after fertilisation but unfortunately no pregnancy. i have 13 frozen embries and my dr wants to transfer them this month. what are my chances of falling pregnant with the frozen embrios as i have heard that it is very low.
thanks
fertility expert

Dear Liz

In general the success of a frozen embryo transfer is approximately 10-15% lower, than in the instance of fresh embryos. This figure is based on the assumption that laser assisted hatching would also be utilised. Should laser not be used then the success might be further compromised by 5% or more.