Question

Fainted, fever and headaches
Hi Doc,

I hope you can help me!
I started feeling unwell on Monday 19 Jan. Had a huge headache, so went to the Medicrosss pharmacy to get something for the headache. I fainted while I was talking to the pharmacist. They checked my blood pressure and sugar levels and said it must have been because I was very hot and they sent me home. I felt extremly bad (high fever, confusion) the whole evening and the following day. So I went back to Medicross the following evening. THe doctor diagnozed a bladder infection. So he gave me Ciprobay XR (antibiotics), Urispas and Mitil for the dizziness.

It' s been a few days and I feel slightly better (fever is gone), but still have huge headache- I woke up last night because of a headache.

Do you think the doctor diagnozed me correctly?

Dear Mel
Bladder infection can cause fever and headache. But if you also are nauseous, have a stiff neck, or any neurological symptoms ( weakness in muscle groups, difficulty seeing or talking) you may have an infection of the meninges (brain) and then you need to go back to the doctor for re-evaluation