Ask an expert

13 Aug 2007

falling pregnant
I'm trying to fall pregnant for more than two years now. I have been for blood tests just after I stopped using contraseptive pills and the dr said my hormones and everything seems fine it might be the pills. I do miss my periods some months. I am a bit stupid with this kind of stuff, should I go see a gynea or what can I do?? Please help!!!
Answer 384 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear MC
Yes if nothing happens in a year one should see a fertility specialist. First the husband must go for a sperm test - this is quick and relatively cheap and not painful. If they know that his sperm is ok, then the woman should go for tests, sonar, determining of ovulation, maybe a laparoscopy or Histerosalpingogram which can be very uncomfortable but necessary.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18609 votes