Question

Family matters

My boyfrend and I have been dating for two years and living together for more than a year and it has been great but ... his family have always been an issue in the relationship because he always disregards me when it comes to them. Last year October, an arguement broke out between me and his brother. His brother hit me, swore at me and insulted me in the most hurtful ways - he spoke to him but the brother still was unapologetic but I was expected to get over it immediately because it''s his brother. We now have problems in the relationship because I feel he struggled to stand up for me in that situation and I want nothing to do with his brother. Am I being unreasonable?

If his family is being so violent and unpleasant, and he fails to stand up for you - why indeed are you still with such an immature guy ? Its not you who are being unreasonable in objecting to their crass behaviour