Question

Family....uuhhmmm....problems
CS , I am really blessed in my life. I mean really. I have made some terrible choices with some awesome consequences. I feel that I am just "cursed" to have a blessed and happy life. The problem is this . My mom needs some serious life skills. I am over trying to save her. Her boyfriend , who she has a restraining order against...ha ha ha... stuck a knife in her back couple months ago...while she had a restraining order against him...so much for following through. I am worried for her life and want her life to be normal , but i have made peace with that she needs to make the decisions to change herself. I feel guilty ( sometimes only) for being so blessed while she suffers so. Is this the universes ( spelling?) way , or Gods way of saying sorry that you had a crap childhood? I haven't earned much of the blessings in my life...it just happens...its like , what i speak comes to life ....eventually. I sometimes feel like i am an adult of 50 or 60 , but i am 24 ( my b-day was last week! Yay!!!)
Maybe i am not as blessed as i think i am and i just see every little good thing in my life as a miracle...could be.....

Sounds indeed as though your mom urgently needs to see a good realistic, CBT style counsellor --- for the sort of structured and expert help you can't give her. And even if you had the skills and knowledge, she couldn't take that help from you. Acept and enjoy the blessings you have received --- blessings tend to be irregularly distributed. But try to steer mom towasrds the therapy she needs