Question

Fasting and vitamins

I am a 49 year old female. Fairly good health, hypertensive. I take carlock 12.5mg once or twice a day. Have some stress in my life  on an off. Tired and listless too  hardly exercise.

The month of Fasting is coming up starting approx 1st of August. We abstain from all food as well as water for approx 12 hrs every day. Can you please tell me what vitamins or any other supplements you recommend I take especially for this month? Also what do u suggest one eats in the morning to sustain us during the day? I have heard that dates and bananas are excellent as it slowly releases sugars??? into the body?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I get pains in my lower back, hips, as well as in my left, upper buttock. I guess I need calcium?, or is this a serious problem? I was told previously by an orthopaedic surgeon that taking calcium only is no good as it goes straight into the urine and washes out immediately. Should this then be taken with magnesium as I do get occasional cramps in my toes and feet.

You can use a good multivitamin like Centrum or Berocca Cal-Mag, which will also provide an intake of Calcium and Magnesium. Your body will be under tremendous stress and you will have to supplement your diet with Selenium and Zinc. I suggest that you eat food with a low GI index.